A World Class City!
Lots for the entire family
Looking for a Calgary fly fishing adventure? Calgary is a world class city with a population of over a million people. The international airport receives flights daily for all major airline carriers. There are countless shopping malls, restaurants, and attractions in this easily navigated city.
If your wife and kids don't want to join you on your Bow River float trip, the following are some ideas of things they can do:
In addition to the attractions in Calgary, other points of interest close by include: to the east, the famous Badlands, home of Dinosaur Park in Drumheller. To the west, the Rocky Mountains, home of Banff and Lake Louise in Banff National Park.
- The Calgary Exhibition and Stampede (the "Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth") lasts for ten days every July, where the old west comes alive with a city-wide celebration of true western hospitality and rousing fun; www.calgarystampede.com.
- Calaway Park, where you can enjoy endless fun at Western Canada's largest outdoor amusement park; www.calawaypark.com.
- Heritage Park, right in the heart of Calgary you can discover the old west, step back in time and experience Western Canada 1864 - 1914; www.heritagepark.ca.
- Canada Olympic Park, site of the 1988 Olympic Winter Games operates as a multipurpose competition, training, and recreation area designed for year round use by the general public; www.canadaolympicpark.ca.
- Calgary Zoo, from the heart of the Rocky Mountains to Africa the zoo takes you to over 100 animals from around the world, as well as a back in time look through a Prehistoric Park; www.calgaryzoo.com.
So you don't need to worry about your family finding things to do while you are out having a hard day fishing; there is a lot to keep the entire family entertained.